Monday, May 12, 2014

Truth about Online Shopping

Someday this last few months, I had to study for this exam but to take a break I decided to a little social media peek. I was cruising my facebook page when something caught my eye in the newsfeed '50% off all skirts on Jumia' and I was so amazed that i had to click on the link. I was required to fill in my email address to get a free #1000 voucher to go on. I saw the most amazing pieces and didn't think much about it until the next day.
I got the mail the next day starting I had a free #1000 welcome voucher and boy was I happy.The downside was that in order to use the coupon, i had to spend #5000 so i went back on the site and devised a way to spend #5000 and still buy things within budget. I ended up buying a dress that was 57% off, an opaque tight at 60% off, two phone cases at 89% off each and an extensible stocking I bought at the original price. All this products valued at #5133. The delivery fee #850 coupled with my free voucher made my fee #4983 that day. I chose to pay on deliver(not that I have trust issues lol). My goods were delivered to me and I felt awesome for being a shopping ninja. 

Each generation comes up with ways to make things easier. Shopping for one can be very cruel if you happen to go with the previous generation who prefer to go from stall to stall and price each item until the seller is frustrated. I prefer the way my generation does it. To enjoy the benefits of online shopping it is important to know the price of goods in the open market so that you know how much to spend online.I personally do not care to buy dresses marked "New In" this being the idea of spending more that #3500 on a dress not made by an high end designer is crazy to me (coo coo).  What I do is add them to my Wishlist and wait for a period of time till it is tagged '5 left' because by this time they are itching to sell and restock so it is usually with massive discounts as high as 68% off.

Also, if you want to buy a dress make sure you know the materials-cotton, viscose, spandex,linen etc- used to make the cloth items so you know how much you are willing to pay for it. Another rule I also have is to ensure that I know the size of the dress I am about to buy. If you have fluctuating weight like I do, it is important to buy dresses that would be at a size halfway so that your dress fits you all year round. 

I hope I was able to help. Have fun shopping!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

this is a kul stuff. job wel done