Monday, March 7, 2011

BEING FORMAL versus BEING CORPORATE

BEING FORMAL versus BEING CORPORATE
Hello people. It‘s my pleasure to see you on this page again. I hope lecturers have not been too boring and classes being too serious. I observed we have less than two more weeks of lectures on O.A.U. campus (Yikes!).  It’s another time for us to consider the options and takes sides. The topic as you may already know is being formal vs. being corporate. Let me share a little story with you.
Woke up one morning and heard some persons talking near my window side. One of them (a lady) was telling the other,” I get presentation today”. The conversation got interesting so I was compelled to see the people disturbing my sense of peace. And guess what the lady was wearing? She was dressed in a red t-shirt on jean with her bag and shoes in wholesome condition. But I also recalled that she mentioned she had a presentation that morning. This has been the way things are on campus.  Boys, Girls, Men and Women all try to be in vogue consciously or unconsciously. Some have fashion sense, some don’t and others are indifferent (S.U. brothers and sisters epele). There was this day the Part 4 students were defending their I.T reports and I just couldn’t contain my laughter when I saw one of them who goes by the name Jeleeli wearing his agbada, cap and sokoto like a proper Yoruba man. When I asked him why he was in a ridiculous sate for his presentation, he said the lecturers advised them to be formal for their defence. That was when it got to me that being formal and being corporate may not necessarily mean the same thing.
Although, some people believe they are same, others think they are different so its time for you to answer the question for me. Is being corporate the same as being formal? If yes state your reasons and if otherwise, state your reasons too in the comment box. See you next time on this very interesting forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

this is a kul stuff. job wel done