Thursday, March 17, 2011

“THEY CRY BOO HOO, WE GO HOME, END OF STORY”


“THEY CRY BOO HOO, WE GO HOME, END OF STORY”
What if you woke tomorrow and found out that everything you believed in was a lie.  I said everything not something but everything. That your whole life was some kind of projection from a screen and the only thing that was actually living was you. What would you do? Would you pinch yourself countless number of times just to make sure you were awake? Would you pray to God to just stop the nightmare so you could just wake up into your real life? Well, I did nothing of this nature. I just decided it was nothing I couldn’t handle. I would tell you how it happened to me.
            I woke up this morning thinking it was going to be a beautiful day just like every other day. Then I found myself in a room with no one and nothing. But if I could remember correctly, I slept on my bed with my roommate Electra. I said to myself that it was just a dream. I tried to open the windows and from the windows all I saw was nothing. It was just the colour white dancing around me. The room looked really big but from my knowledge of physics I knew that the colour white deflects light from itself meaning the room wasn’t as big as it appeared to be.
            So what happens now I say to myself? I also thought I was someone’s lab rat in some classified experiment of some sort. Then I man came with another. He addressed me calmly like he was sure everything he spoke of was of the truth. The other he said was like me. ”A confused human”, he called him. I know me. I know I’m not confused in fact, I am the sanest of the sane but from what I have learnt the more to try to prove that you are sane, the more insane you look. So I play his game and by his rules so as to know what he actually really wants. He wanted me to believe everything I ever believed in was a lie. The colour white wasn’t even white. But if he was right at least let’s pretend he was he wouldn’t have address the other as “a confused human”. Or would he? I guess so as to confuse us more.
He left us to think but I know them well. The walls of the room appear like walls to those inside but to those outside it’s a glass; a see through glass in fact. The other just sat there. For all I know, he might be one of them. It might be another one just to make me more confused. I watched him closely. He knew I was looking so he met my eyes. When I saw his face, I saw fear. He wasn’t one of them. He was like me a human. In all the human history I have read there has always been one thing consistent. Humans don’t give up easily. It still marvels me today that even when the dinosaurs died the humans didn’t. We survived. We might have been another Genus and Specie for all I cared but we did survive.
So even I die here today, I’m going to die fighting. I approached him. He did seclude himself. He was one scared rat. I tried to talk to him but he won’t listen. He just sat there mute. If he was one of them, he would have loved to talk. I told him I had a plan to get us out of there and he looked at me. For the first time I saw hope in his eyes. He said he was going to listen to the plan. The plan was simple. We lay down; we closed our eyes and slept. He thought then said, “They cry boo hoo, we go home, end of story” and I affirmed a yes. Then we followed my plan. When I opened my eyes I saw my roommate Elektra beside me. And it was a just a dream.She said, “Welcome back” and I couldn’t agree more.
The end

No comments:

Post a Comment

this is a kul stuff. job wel done