Tuesday, March 22, 2011

hurt


HURT
I love you, Daddy
You are my hero
I love you, Daddy
Oh Daddy
You are my number one
But,
I never knew
Did I?
Not even a vague memory
Mum said you left when I was six months old
Who separates a marriage with a six months old baby?
I have your pictures
You were always in glasses
I wear your clothes sometimes
Mum tells me to stop
She gets too upset when I ask of you
So I stopped asking
Would you tell me I was wrong?
Would you take the pain away?
Sometimes I want to hold you
But I knew you won’t be there
Oh I’m sorry for crying in the middle of the night and making you and Mum quarrel
For everything I just couldn’t do
And I hurt so bad
Do you know how it feels to know,
To know when your friends tell you
“Dad’s making barbecue today”
I miss you so badly
I wish you to tell you things
You know, that father figure to have
I wish to tell you about my bad days
And the good days too
The time of pain from bullies
To have someone tell me
“I love you, Mike”
But,
Its never going to happen
I miss you Daddy
And I love you
Forever and for always
Your son,
Mike


1 comment:

  1. Wow to me and no my dad is not dead. I wrote this thinking of the character,Mike from the movie sixth sense

    ReplyDelete

this is a kul stuff. job wel done